Thursday, October 11, 2007

Kingdom of Loathing - An Adventurer is You!

Kingdom of Loathing, or KoL, is a turn-based stick-figure Role-Playing Game, or RPG, with really terrible puns.


You can choose to play one of six character types: Seal Clubber, Turtle Tamer, Pastamancer, Sauceror (see? puns? You're a wizard who cooks), Disco Bandit or Accordion Thief. Since I like to spend my time in melee action, I generally choose a seal clubber type. Today, I'm going to try out the path of disco banditry, wearing a disco mask but no pants, and wielding my trusty disco ball. Increase the amount of turns per day through what you eat and drink, sometimes things you can buy or wear. Despite such simple design (i.e. rough drawings), KoL is an engaging game that may take some days of your life, and that will be okay, because of all the fun you will be having. Get to it! Have some fun!





Oh, and you can keep your character for as long as your account is active. You don't need to keep changing your mind, like it looks like I did, especially since there's a way to start over once you finish the final quest.

No comments:

News: Featured Games is on a semi-hiatus. I may post games here as I see fit, but it won't be regularly, at least for a while.

Know of a game you'd like to see featured here?
Email the link to BunGirl@gmail.com today!